The Cost-Effective Way To Replace Missing Teeth
Restore Your Smile With Dental Implants in Melbourne, FL
You don’t have to live with a smile full of unpleasant holes. Dental implants give you a chance to live and smile like before.
Can you imagine being able to chew and speak normally again? All the bad feelings that come with missing teeth drift away. Implant dentistry transforms the feel and function of your smile and can even improve your long-term health. Dental implants look 100% natural and keep facial contours intact by preventing bone deterioration that often occurs with missing teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant treatment is a permanent solution for tooth loss. Implants replace the whole tooth, from root to crown. They consist of small titanium rods inserted into gum sockets left by missing teeth. The rods act as replacement tooth roots and provide a solid base for a replacement tooth.
Implants have an incredibly high success rate, are time-tested, and are considered the best option in tooth replacement because they fit and function like natural teeth.
Dental implants are made up of three parts:
- The implant: a small titanium screw surgically inserted into the jaw bone where the original tooth was.
- The abutment: a small metal connection piece that fits between the implant and crown.
- The crown: an artificial tooth that matches perfectly with the rest of your natural teeth.
What Should I Expect From the Dental Implant in Melbourne, FL?
A small incision is made into the gums during your implant placement procedure. A titanium post is screwed into the jawbone, and the tissue is reclosed over the implant. You are then sent home to heal.
While at home, the jaw bone begins to integrate with the titanium post in a process called osseointegration (click here). The bone grows securely around the implant, making it part of you and a durable base for your new teeth. The healing process takes anywhere from two to six months. Patients usually ask for a temporary crown until the process is complete.
Once osseointegration has finished, Dr. Gollob attaches the abutment to the implant post. The crown is fitted to the opposite end of the abutment. Once secured tightly, your final restoration should instantly feel comfortable and match your natural teeth. You are sent home with aftercare instructions.
Implant-supported restorations can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a complete upper and lower new arch. Learn more here.
What Are the Benefits of Getting Dental Implants?
Those with gaps in their teeth sacrifice the ability to smile or laugh without covering their mouth. The most significant benefit is greater enjoyment of life. But the benefits go beyond this:
- Easier speaking: Removable dentures slip around in the mouth, causing slurring and mumbling.
- Easier eating: You can enjoy all the foods you love once again. Implants allow you to bite with the same force as natural teeth.
- Improved appearance: With tooth loss comes bone loss. Bone deterioration changes the shape of your face, making you appear older and gaunt.
- Easy care & convenience: Implants don’t require sticky glues, cleaning tablets, or strange flossers. Just brush normally!
- Improved oral health: Dental implants can’t get cavities. Nor do they require attachment to neighboring teeth like dental bridges, improving oral health significantly.
- Bone loss prevention: Missing teeth equals bone loss in the jaw. Bones need constant stimulation from teeth to not deteriorate. Dental Implants provide jaw bone stimulation.
- Durability: Other options for tooth replacement need repairs or to be replaced entirely. Implants can last a whole lifetime if properly cared for.
To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, click here.
Where Can I Get Dental Implants?
Viera Dental Arts wants to help you with your dental needs. Choosing dental implants requires enough jawbone to support the implant and no signs of gum disease.
Some patients will require bone grafting to restore the jaw bone. Dr. Gollob must consider several factors when determining if you are a good candidate for treatment. The team at Viera Dental Arts would love to evaluate your particular case and answer any questions you have about the implant process.
Get Your Dental Implants in Melbourne, FL
The dental implant procedure is cost-effective, straightforward, and a standard dental care treatment here at Viera Dental Arts.
If you are interested in dental implants in Melbourne, FL, and want to learn more about the procedure, please schedule a consultation at our state-of-the-art office at (321) 255-4644. We look forward to meeting you and helping you restore your smile.